Thursday

March update

With The Merchant Company closed until March 1st, we have finally had the chance to catch up on building some inventory. Since winter is drawing close to its end, it seems, we have been trying to work on new products that will be phasing out all of our current winter gear. Baby socks and springtime hats will be taking the place of the mittens, and while the fingerless gloves will remain on our table, we will likely be retiring our adult mittens and bring out some summery scarves to take their place. Although they will no longer be on our table, our cards will still be available at The Merchant Company- I believe they will be moving them to a different part of the shop, so keep an eye out for them!

This week I brought more jewelry inventory up to Homegrown Herb & Tea. I have been experimenting with some copper earring hooks, but will have to test them on my own sensitive ears before they make their way to the store. We have had several questions about whether or not our earring hooks will irritate or discolor ears, and I believe they will not. I have very sensitive ears, and try out each brand of hook that I get in and have never had a reaction. If I ever do, I will not use them. Also new this spring, PULP will be making beaded stitch markers to sell at KnitWit yarn shop! Being such an avid knitter, I am very excited about this opportunity!

If you're in the Portland, ME area, be sure to check out the First Friday extravaganza happening at The Merchant Company on March 2nd. There is going to be a lot of fun to be had! I will hopefully have the chance to post more about that before then.