Tuesday

Maine Lunch Date: Brunswick

Brunswick is cute, small town nestled neatly between Freeport and Bath. Home to many independently owned restaurants, small boutiques, and a gorgeous farmer's market, this town has a little bit of everything. With Bowdoin located right in its center, everything in Brunswick is very accessible. It is impossible to go hungry on Maine Street with just about every cuisine imaginable represented. Brunswick meets every craving with affordable and delicious options.

Lunch today is a quick slice at Flipside Pizza. They do eat in or take out organic whole pizzas and slices. For $3.50 I got a slice of organic pepperoni pizza as big as my face. I could hardly contain myself when they handed over the plate. Being new to the area, it has been interesting to learn all of the best places in town. When we lived in Portland, we knew exactly where to get pizza, Thai food, sushi, etc. Well, I officially know where to get pizza from this day forward: Flipside.

Flipside, 111 Maine Street

Among my favorite shops in Brunswick is Wyler's. When I first began looking for places to sell PULP, I went by the mantra that if I would want to shop there, I would want my items there. I had been shopping at Wyler's for over a year before I finally asked the owner if she would carry my products. This is still my go-to shop for the person who has everything. It is hard to explain the inventory at Wyler's because its eclectic style straddles a fine line between trendy and obscure. One of my favorite items is the Buddy Vase, little bud vases that are actually recycled bottles from Thailand. Additionally, I am completely obsessed with their new line of temporary tattoos from TATTLY and their Paper Source mini journals.

Wyler's is located on 150 Maine Street in Brunswick
Paper Source: Mini Journals
TATTLY: Temporary Tattoos

A trip to Brunswick is not complete unless it ends at Cote's Old Fashioned Ice Cream. Today I indulged in a mint chocolate chip waffle cone at Cote's little red building. This cool treat was the perfect way to wrap up our first summer Lunch Date! Thanks for coming along!