Tuesday

business casual in baltimore

I typically defer to Emme in all things fashion, but I was very excited when I packed my bags for a conference in Baltimore and styled my suitcase with oodles of accessories and jewelry to compliment all of my hard work. Dressing fashionably in the winter is always more difficult than it looks. I'm not sure if it's because I typically run cold anyway, but I have an impossible time remaining fashionable and warm. I see hundreds of cute outfit ideas on Pinterest, but I swear they must be living some place without a legitimate New England winter. Cute sweaters and loose scarves are not warm enough for me to fend off the inevitable bout of bronchitis I get every year. However, I gave it my best shot this year when I went to Baltimore for a conference. Under my poofy jackets and knitted cowls hid some of my best outfits.

 Dress: Stitchfix, Boots: Poshmark, Bag: Target, Coat & Hat: LLBean, Scarf: Etsy

We rented a super cute studio apartment in Upper Fells near the conference center where I was spending my days. We rented the apartment through Airbnb, our favorite accomodations website, and felt right at home all weekend.

Purple Peplum Top: Eastcraeft, Skinny Jeans: Forever21, Nude Heels: Poshmark

Entire outfit: H&M

When the weekend was all said and done, we wrapped up the vacation with a tour of Capitol Hill! While we only got to see the main guts of the building, I am looking forward to visiting again and touring the legislative chambers. For more pictures from the trip, check us out on Instagram! In the meantime, I am going to hibernate until this terrible winter is over with.