Tuesday

Maine Lunch Date: Portland

 

Welcome to this week's installment of Maine Lunch Date! This week we visited Portland, a city that is so full of restaurants and boutiques we could highlight it each week for a solid year.

Extra hungry today, we began with lunch. We indulged in the greatest fish burritos around at the El Corazon authentic Mexican food truck which is usually parked on the corner of Spring and Temple streets from 11am-2:30pm Tuesday through Friday. I cannot get enough of their burritos: their cabbage slaw and deliciously seasoned fish bits work together in a perfect harmony. Plus, as a total baby in the spicy-department, I am eternally grateful for the three salsa options.

 
One street up from the food truck, Pinecone + Chickadee keeps a wide range of vintage bobbles and bits as well as a slew of local  handmade items. It is also the only retail location where you can find PULP Geometric Earrings! They are our most labor intensive product, but also the most fun to create.

I often swear I have a cursed thumb; plants are not safe in my home. The only plants I have managed to keep alive are air plants or succulents, so I was thrilled to see Pinecone + Chickadee had started selling solutions for those like me who are horticulturally impaired. I completely fell in love with the brass deer candle holder that doubled as a planter!


Pinecone + Chickadee is located at 6 Free Street



Finally, before we hit the road, is a stop at Arabica Coffee on the corner of Free Street. Their cold brew coffee is strong and delicious and the perfect way to finish off our lunch date. Thank you for coming along!